Language: The course is held in English.
Course material can be found here [click] (password protected, username semlog).
This year's seminar topic is
Logic and Games.
Corresponding literature will be made accessible to all participants. Of particular relavance is the book
Logic in Gamesbut also various articles (see Additional course material, below.)
by Johan van Benthem
MIT Press, 2014.
Tuesday, June 7, 2016, 14.00 - (about)16.00
Seminar room "von Neumann"
(1) Games with Imperfect Inormation (LiG Ch.3) - Cem Okulmus
(2) Formula Evaluation (LiG Ch.14) - Abraham Hinteregger
(3) Semantic Games for Fuzzy Logics - Stefan Forster
Monday, June 13, 2016, 14.00 - (about) 16.00
Seminar room "Gödel"
(4) Argumentation and Dialogue (LiG Ch.17) - Patrick Bellositz
(5) Linear Logic of Parallel Game Operations (LiG Ch.20) - Vedran Marinkovic
(6) Modeling Social Dynamics - Vlasta Sikimic
Participants have to prepare a short lecture (about 25-30 minutes, excluding discussions) on a selected topic. This talk should be accompanied by a brief summary (handout) of the relevant technical notions and results. Evaluation for 3.O ECTS points is based on the quality of the talk and the handout, and on active participation in discussions.